Expertise of Ambiotis : Evaluation of nutritional and/or veterinary products on animal health and well-being from cells to clinical stage
Ambiotis is a research-based company specialized in the understanding of inflammatory processes, immunity and well-being associated with a healthy body balance.
With an experience of more than 10 years on innovative human models, Ambiotis is now developing validated models specifically dedicated to veterinary medicine and animal health nutrition.
Ambiotis helps its business partners put faster on the market innovative and potent nutritional solutions.
Ambiotis have the ability to set up full research programs from screening assays up to monitoring of biomarkers in clinical trials.
How to evaluate nutritional ingredients or anti-inflammatory treatments?
Inflammation is a natural response of our immune system to fight injury or infection. It involves numerous cellular events and biochemical cascades like cytokines and chemokines production, reactive oxygen species release, lipid production … If correctly controlled, it leads to the return to a healthy balance.
This return to basal conditions is called resolution and is orchestrated by the natural and sequential synthesis of specialized pro-resolving mediators (resolvins, protectins, lipoxins, maresins) or SPMs. These mediators are issued from the metabolism of omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) : ARA, DHA, EPA and DPA. They are essential to counterbalance pro-inflammatory molecules, decrease pain, induce correct healing and prevent from chronic inflammation.
Ambiotis has developed a step-by-step approach on immuno-modulation and/or pro-resolution strategies, from in vitro screening up to clinical assays. Any step can also be performed on its own.
- In vitro evaluation of ingredient potential (secretory and functional approaches in specie-specific primary cells). For example, blood can be directly used in cell culture to evaluate impact of ingredients on cytokines or lipid secretion. Cells can also be further differentiated and their functions studied more deeply (phagocytosis …)
- Monitoring of resolution/inflammation mediators in clinical samples issued from healthy animals or diseased animals under a nutritional or therapeutic intervention.
These approaches complete classical approach on inflammation (studies of cytokines/chemokines for example) and represent a promising strategy to help the body to control inflammation and immune challenges without blocking them.
Animal Health from screening to physiology
In vitro models
Primary cell models from targeted specie
- Whole blood
- Other on demand
Cells are provided by our sponsors or if available, can be bought from specific providers.
Ways of working with us
Step 1: your need
- Understanding of your need
- Orientation toward the relevant work package
- analytical package : provide us with samples to be analyzed
- model-based package : provide us with your compounds to evaluate
- Customized development
- Scientific consulting
Step 2: our collaboration
- Performance of services according milestones and go/no go steps
- Regular follow-up
Step 3: your results
- Scientific feedback through webex conference
- Final report
- Follow up